Skip to content

Visa Applications


visa applications

Visa Application Services

Our Mississippi Immigration Legal Team will assist with your immigrant visa for permanent stay and non-immigrant visas for temporary stay in the United States.

Applying for visa.

Applying for a visa can be a complex and confusing process. If you try to do it yourself, you risk filing an incomplete application, and it may take months to correct mistakes found by a committee. If you hire a law firm experienced with the intricacies of immigration law, these costly and time-consuming errors can be avoided. There are many types of visas to choose from, it is always best to contact an experienced immigration attorney to decide which one is best and how to apply for it.

There are over 100 different types, but the two main visas are immigrant and non-immigrant. The immigrant visa is issued to someone who wishes to permanently live in the U.S. Green cards make you a permanent resident and it is the first step towards becoming a naturalized citizen. You can obtain a green card by being sponsored by a family member or employer to get permanent resident status. You can also get one if you have reasonable fear of future persecution or if you faced persecution in your home country, which would allow for you to file for asylum.

Employer visa.

An employer may petition to bring immigrant employees into the United States to perform necessary job functions. First, an employer must obtain permission from the U.S. Labor Department. Prospective employees are categorized based on their job function and assigned a priority date. If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you can apply for one of several types of family visas. These are meant for spouses, children, parents, or siblings. There is also a fianceé category available.

Most aliens wish to enter the United States on a temporary basis for a specific purpose: visit, study, work, tourism, to receive medical treatments. These foreigners are required to obtain a nonimmigrant visa from a U.S. consular post. The type needed is defined by immigration law, and relates to the purpose of your travel. The visa allows the foreign national to travel to a U.S. port-of-entry (airport, for example) and request permission of the Department of Homeland Security immigration inspector to enter the U.S. Be advised that this does not guarantee entry into the United States.

Additional Visas that we can assist with are

B-1 for Business Visitor
B-2 for Tourists
E-1 for Treaty Traders
E-2 for Treaty Investors
K-1 for Fiancé(e)s
H-1B for Specialty Occupation Workers
J-1 for Exchange Visitors and Foreign Medical Graduates
L-1 for Intracompany Transfers
O-1 for Aliens with Extraordinary Ability
P-1 – Internationally recognized Athletes or Entertainers
P-3 for Athletes and Entertainers 
R-1 for Religious Workers

Additional Immigration that we can assist with are Green Cards for DACA & TPS holders, I-130 with Provisional Waiver, K1-K3 Marriage Visas, Obtaining Green Cards Through Marriage, Parents of US Citizens, Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, Same Sex Marriage, and Sibling Immigration. 


Click the check mark button above to go to our contact page and book a consultation.

cgt immigration logo

If you need legal assistance with any type of immigration issue, please contact us today. Call 601-948-8005, or use our live chat. We offer an array of immigration legal services for clients in the Mississippi area such as adjustment of status, citizenship, green card, work permits, spousal cases, deportation as well as asylum. Our Mississippi Immigration Attorneys are standing by.

© Chhabra, Gibbs & Trehan, PLLC | All rights reserved.