Skip to content

U-Visa Applications


visa applications

U-Visa Application Services

Our Mississippi Immigration Legal Team will assist in your application for U-Visa for the United States and make sure filings are complete and accurate.

What is a U-Visa?

As a victim of a serious crime you may be allowed to stay in the United States for up to four years while you assist law enforcement agents with the investigation of the crime, even if you are undocumented and living illegally in the United States. Once approved by USCIS, the U-Visa will allow you and your immediate family to work and live in the United States, and apply for permanent residency and green card in three years. You are urged to contact a Mississippi immigration defense lawyer for assistance in filing your application.

U-Visa Applications

The application is submitted to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to obtain non-immigrant status lasting up to four years. It is specifically for non-U.S. citizens who have been victims of a serious crime while in the United States. An applicant must have suffered substantial harm or abuse from acts such as assault, domestic violence, rape, sexual exploitation, prostitution, conspiracy, witness tampering, kidnapping, incest, human trafficking, involuntary servitude, manslaughter, murder and other serious crimes. The applicant must be willing to work with authorities to bring the criminal to justice. The visa permits applicants to also petition for their spouses, children, brothers and sisters under age 18, parents, stepparents and adoptive parents under the U-2 and U-3 non-immigrant visa category. Once the visa is approved a work permit will be issued. USCIS approves up to 10,000 U-visa applications annually.

U-Visa Lawyer in Mississippi

Chhabra, Gibbs & Trehan, PLLC, have unique experience working within the criminal and immigration system, which is critical to successfully obtaining a U-visa for our clients. If you have been the victim of a crime while in the USA and need a visa to protect you and your family, contact our office for a consultation.

Additional Immigration that we can assist with are Green Cards for DACA & TPS holders, I-130 with Provisional Waiver, K1-K3 Marriage Visas, Obtaining Green Cards Through Marriage, Parents of US Citizens, Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, Same Sex Marriage, and Sibling Immigration. 


Click the check mark button above to go to our contact page and book a consultation.

cgt immigration logo

If you need legal assistance with any type of immigration issue, please contact us today. Call 601-948-8005, or use our live chat. We offer an array of immigration legal services for clients in the Mississippi area such as adjustment of status, citizenship, green card, work permits, spousal cases, deportation as well as asylum. Our Mississippi Immigration Attorneys are standing by.

© Chhabra, Gibbs & Trehan, PLLC | All rights reserved.