DEPORTATION DEFENSE SERVICES
Deportation Defense Services
Our Mississippi Immigration Legal Team will help you avoid deportation by obtaining a cancellation, seeking an adjustment of status, requesting asylum, requesting deferred action or discretion.
Have you received a notice to appear in immigration court facing deportation from the U.S.? The idea of appearing before an immigration judge can be intimidating, even terrifying. If you were threatened with deportation, you must fight to remain in the United States. When immigration trouble strikes, you need an experienced deportation attorney with the skill, experience, and dedication to successfully keep you in the U.S. You want a law firm that will respect you as a client and understands your needs. Our legal team will take a personal interest in your case, and work tirelessly to fight against deportation and keep your family together.
There are various reasons why an individual would face deportation from the United States and one of the most common reasons for deportation has to do with a criminal conviction. If you committed a criminal offense in the United States, you could be forced to leave your job and your family behind in the United States, which would be devastating to you and the ones you love, possibly ruining your hopes for ever becoming a U.S. citizen.
Other common grounds for deportation or removal include: unlawful entry into the United States, carrying on with prohibited employment activity, unlawful presence, status violations and more.
Here are just a few of the legal strategies we use to prevent deportation:
- Bond Redetermination Hearings: If you are in immigration custody on an ICE hold, our office can successfully argue that you should be released from ICE detention because you are not subject to 236(c) mandatory detention and do not pose a flight risk or danger to the community and national security.
- Motions to Terminate: We argue to the Immigration Judge that the Government has failed to prove its charges of deportability or inadmissibility.
- Waiver of Inadmissibility: This is a petition to allow a client to stay in the country despite the client’s failure to meet all immigration requirements.
- Cancellation of Removal Proceedings for Permanent Residents/212(c) waiver: We argue at the removal hearing that a client needs to keep or obtain permanent residency for humanitarian reasons, even though the client has a criminal background.
- Adjustment of Status: We seek residency status for our client through connection to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident family member.
- Asylum: We help clients obtain asylum where they have a reasonable fear of returning to their country.
- Request for Exercise of Prosecutorial Discretion: We ask ICE to withhold prosecution for humanitarian reasons and a client’s low-priority status for deportation.
If the USCIS has detained you or a loved one without explaining why, you need to act fast to attain a deportation defense attorney. Everyone has a right to legal defense in court, and an attorney can mean the difference between your deportation and your legal immigration into the United States. If you’re facing deportation, the U.S. Department of Justice’s Immigration Court will hear your case.
It is in your best interest to talk with a qualified lawyer as quickly as possible.
Additional Immigration that we can assist with are Green Cards for DACA & TPS holders, I-130 with Provisional Waiver, K1-K3 Marriage Visas, Obtaining Green Cards Through Marriage, Parents of US Citizens, Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, Same Sex Marriage, and Sibling Immigration.
If you need legal assistance with any type of immigration issue, please contact us today. Call 601-948-8005, or use our live chat. We offer an array of immigration legal services for clients in the Mississippi area such as adjustment of status, citizenship, green card, work permits, spousal cases, deportation as well as asylum. Our Mississippi Immigration Attorneys are standing by.
© Chhabra, Gibbs & Trehan, PLLC | All rights reserved.